We’ve come to the end of our Q&A session today. Thank you very much to everyone who took part – I hope we managed to be of assistance and provide the information that you were looking for.
We will hold many more of these virtual open day events over the coming months so please check www.pg.bham.ac.uk now and again to see what we’ve got lined up for the future. If you’d like to visit our campus (in real life!), our next Postgraduate Open Day will take place on Wednesday 23 November 2016. We also run bespoke campus tours throughout term time and Cafés at which you can meet current students.
Hi, I would know which are accomodations for families. I haven’ t found it yet. Could you give advice?
Unfortunately, the University does not provide campus accommodation for families. Having said this, I have highlighted a few options below which may prove effective in securing accommodation:
- Birmingham Studentpad – This is a University owned platform advertising private sector accommodation. Should you be interested in any of the adverts please contact the landlord directly.
- MLAS website – We always encourage you secure accommodation through accredited agents or landlords. This website provides a full list of all accredited parties.
- Guild Lettings – This is a letting agent which works in partnership with the University. They may be able to offer some support.
Hi, is it necessary that the status of the contitional offer becomes unconditional until a certain deadline to be considered for postgraduate accomodation allocation?
You should bare in mind the following points:
- Firmly accept the offer of a place on a University programme of study by 1 September 2016 and make sure your application for accommodation is received by our Accommodation Services department no later than 31 July 2016
- Are coming to the University on your own
- Agree to remain in your University accommodation for the full term of your contract
I hope this helps,
All rooms in Jarratt Hall(PG standard & large) are private single bed romms? Thank you.
I can confirm all rooms in Jarratt are en-suites with 3/4 beds.
Hi, how far is Selly Oak and Harborne locations from campus in terms of time?. Are there a lot of types of transportation available?
Selly Oak is between 10-30 minute walk, Harborne is about 20-30 minute walk. Both depend a little on where in the neighbourhood you live.
There are busses from Harborne High Street to University, and from the edge of Selly Oak as well.
Hope that helps,